“BOTTEGA STORICA” OF MILAN

In 1936 Mr Gino Davoli informed the Chamber of Commerce of the opening of a watchmaker’s in Via Paolo Sarpi, 62. In 2009 ROSSIOROLOGI was named Bottega Storica (Historical Workshop) of Milan.

It was a small business that had a good workshop at the back in which repairs were made on pocket watches, cuckoo clocks and all types of alarm clocks. In reality, the main business was the repairs workshop and sales to the public were very limited, as the displays in the window were just to intrigue and attract the passers-by.

Gino was an expert Rolex watchmaker and his wife Mentorina Pisa was a relative of important jewel dealers, whose name today is synonymous of elegance and prestige. The shop has always worked with important brands of jewellery and watches.

The transition to the current ROSSIOROLOGI management took place in 1982, when Mr Severino Rossi took over the business, keeping the prestige high and continuing to work with and extending the Rolex brand. His son Stefano started to help him and was captured by the passion of the world of watches, so much that he took charge of the business.

The new management kept the spirit of the old one intact but architecturally transformed the traditional shop into a cosy sitting area for its elite clientele.